Google

Monday, November 19, 2007

iphone coming to Verizon on November 20??

A business guy spoke with a local small business that he does some consulting with. They have been debating on whether to go with Blackberry or Windows Mobile for their staff. The staff has been interested in iPhones, but the company currently uses Verizon, which they would need to cancel the contract on in order to go with iPhones.
Today, He got a call from them. In that call, he told the business guy that their Verizon rep said that they would have iPhones available tomorrow (11/20/2007), and the price for his business was $250 per phone. He was as shocked the Verizon rep said they were getting the iPhone.

Source: McMahonWeb


UPDATE:
Last night I tried to get some more information about the possibility of the iPhone coming to Verizon Today. Below is the e-mail I received from my insider about the possible relationship between the the two companiess:

Sorry, I don't have a means for verifying the information, as I stated
>in the post. All I have is the customer account.
>As far as who they are, I can't give you the name, as I don't have
>their permission to give out contact info. I can tell you that it's a
>small company in Central Illinois with approximately 20 employees.
>The owner called me shortly after the conversation with Verizon. He
>too was confused, as I had previously informed him that the iPhone was
>AT&T only.
>
>I suppose tomorrow we'll know a lot more. He is going to call them
>back tomorrow and see if he can indeed order. He is going to call me
>as soon as he talks with them again.
>
>Thanks
>Shannon

<> Its not much to go on, but its a good start. I plan on calling Verizon Wireless in the next 90 minutes to see if I can get any information out of them. check back hourly to for updates.

1 comment:

magla said...

are you an idiot? the iphone runs on GSM while verizon's network is CDMA. i'm ashamed to have fallen for your lame attempt to boost pageviews.